COVID-19 | July 20 Update
Thank you for your patience and understanding during the COVID-19. We encourage you to continue to pay attention to best practices and recommendations from the CDC and public health agencies on protecting yourself from exposure to the COVID-19 virus.
Hours of Operation
As approved by the Jefferson County Health Department, and through the City of Golden, Fossil Trace Golf Club is open. Schnepf’s Restaurant at Fossil Trace is open daily for lunch and dinner, for brunch on Saturdays and Sundays as well as grab-and-go items at the bar. If we receive any additional information or policy changes from the City of Golden, we will share that information with guests as soon as we receive it. We are in contact with the Jefferson County Health Department and Colorado Department of Health and Environment to ensure we take action on closures of facilities when it is recommended.
What Action Golfers Must Take
To reduce exposure while playing at Fossil Trace, and to ensure every opportunity for the golf course to remain open, please do the following:
Per the Governor’s order, face coverings are required by all guests inside the Fossil Trace Clubhouse, Golf Shop, and Schnepf’s Restaurant.
- Tee times 2-60 days are accepted online only at this time at fossiltrace.com – no walk-ups will be permitted. If you have fewer than 4 players, you will be paired with others to make a group of 4.
- Upon arrival, you have the choice to call (303) 277-8750, ext. 3 to pay for your tee time, or check-in and pay in the Golf Shop.
- The Golf Shop is open, limited to 6 Fossil Trace guests at one time. No cash is accepted.
- The practice range and practice green are open. The practice range closes @ 5:30pm on Monday evenings for clean pick and mow.
- The chipping green is open.
ON THE COURSE
- Leave the flagstick in the cup and don’t touch it. The turf staff has made modifications to the cup (upside-down) to eliminate touching.
- Playing guests must practice “social distancing” by remaining at least 6 feet away from all other players and staff.
What Action is Fossil Trace Taking?
The City of Golden Water Department has provided a sanitizing solution to Fossil Trace which kills COVID-19 on all types of surfaces. It is safe to use in all areas as well as safe to touch and smell, yet is effective for destroying the virus. Below is a list of steps we are taking to ensure our guests and staff are safe while at Fossil Trace. Every opportunity to remove a “touchpoint” has been taken, and the Fossil Trace Staff will be present to assist guests, and enforce social distancing measures.
- Frequent sanitizing of high touch areas in offices, including doors, phones, keyboards, and counters.
- Bathrooms wiped down routinely throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer available next to the entry of the Golf Shop and adjacent to the bar.
- Staff is provided areas where social distancing can be accomplished.
- As weather allows, all doors to/from building and clubhouse restrooms remain open.
FOOD & DRINK
- Schnepf’s host(ess) MUST seat you prior to entering the restaurant.
- Parties are limited to 6 people or less. All tables in the restaurant and on the patio are spaced 8′ apart, and we ask that you continue to practice social distancing.
- Face coverings are required when moving to and from your seat in the restaurant, but may be remove as you drink and dine.
- Frequent cleaning/sanitizing of all restaurant areas including kitchen, seating, and bar.
- Hand sanitizer is provided for all guests and employees – employees have been trained to wash and sanitize hands regularly.
- Masks and gloves are worn by staff at all times – employee temperatures are checked and logged daily.
ON THE COURSE
- Carts are thoroughly disinfected after each use.
- Tee times have been spaced appropriately to limit gathering.
- Water coolers, bunker rakes, and ball washers have been removed from the golf course.
- Flagsticks are sanitized each day and are to remain in the hole untouched. “Gimme” rule in effect as desired.
- The cup is placed in upside-down to allow the ball to be holed without going down all the way – easy ball retrieval without touching the cup or flagstick.
- Frequent cleaning/sanitizing all on-course bathrooms.
Practice Healthy Actions
Practicing everyday healthy actions can help limit the spread of the COVID-19 and protect you from getting any respiratory illness. The CDC recommends:
- Washing your hands regularly for 20 seconds using hot, soapy water, using an alcohol-based disinfectant gel when hand-washing is not available.
- Keeping unwashed hands away from the face.
- Staying home if you feel sick, or have the following symptoms; fever, persistent cough, or respiratory distress.
- Covering your face when you sneeze or cough with a tissue or with your elbow or shoulder when tissues aren’t available.
Get Reliable Information
- Colorado Public Health & Environment: Safer at Home Order (as of June 5, 2020)
- Jeffco Public Health: How to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
- CDC: COVID-19 Info
- Colorado Department of Public Health: COVID-19 Specific Info
- Call CO HELP at (303) 389 – 1687 or email [email protected] for answers in English, Spanish, and more.
In addition to the general guidance on protecting oneself from COVID19 exposure, the City and Fossil Trace Golf Club has been actively working with State and local public health officials and implementing recommended measures to help minimize the risk to the Golden community, to our employees, and to our guests.