COVID-19 | Private Lessons
Thank you for your patience and understanding during the COVID-19 situation. As approved by the Jefferson County Health Department, and through the City of Golden, Fossil Trace Golf Club is open for private lessons, club fittings, and camps. If we receive any additional information or policy changes from the City of Golden, we will share that information with guests as soon as we receive it. We are in contact with the Jefferson County Health Department and Colorado Department of Health and Environment to ensure we take action on closures of facilities when it is recommended.
What Actions Students and Instructors Must Take
To reduce exposure while at Fossil Trace, and to ensure every opportunity for the golf course to remain open, please do the following:
BOOKING A LESSON
- Private lessons must be booked online. No walk ups or e-mail bookings accepted.
- Appointments can be made up to 30 days in advance, and all lessons are spaced 30 minutes apart for safe transition.
- If there are no options for the day you selected, it is very possible your instructor is unavailable or fully booked.
- Private lessons will receive information from their instructor for electronic payment.
- No payments will be accepted in the golf shop.
WHERE TO MEET
- Golfers with an appointment can wait for their instructor at the bottom of the main steps, can hit warm up balls on the left side of the range, marked with “Reserved” signs.
- Please do not come into the golf shop to search for your instructor.
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your appointment or camp.
DURING THE LESSON | STAYING SAFE
- All instructors will wear a mask before, during, and after all lessons.
- Golfers are required to wear a mask while indoors.
- All training aids, clubs, and other high touch points will be sanitized in between use.
- All students will be spaced 6’+ from each other and the instructor at all times.
- Students are encouraged to wash hands before and after their session.
- Water bottles will be provided upon request, but students are encouraged to bring their own.
OTHER SAFETY MEASURES
- Instructors will have their temperature taken and symptoms checked upon arrival each day.
- Students will have their temperature and symptoms checked upon arrival before each lesson.
- If either the student or instructor exhibits a fever (100.4) or COVID-like symptoms, they will be sent home immediately.
- If the parent is not on property for a junior student, the instructor will wait with the ill student in the designated area (currently the golf simulator room) until the parent arrives.
- Hand sanitizer available next to the entry of the golf shop and adjacent to the bar.
- Staff is provided areas where social distancing can be accomplished.
Get Reliable Information
- Symptom Screening: COPHE Guidelines
- Colorado Public Health & Environment: Safer at Home Order as of June 5, 2020 and Best Practices for Businesses
- Mask Guidelines: How to Safely Use a Face Covering
- Call CO HELP at (303) 389 – 1687 or email [email protected]dc.org for answers in English, Spanish, and more.