COVID-19 | Club Fitting
Thank you for your patience and understanding during the COVID-19 situation. As approved by the Jefferson County Health Department, and through the City of Golden, Fossil Trace Golf Club is open for private lessons, club fittings, and camps. If we receive any additional information or policy changes from the City of Golden, we will share that information with guests as soon as we receive it. We are in contact with the Jefferson County Health Department and Colorado Department of Health and Environment to ensure we take action on closures of facilities when it is recommended.
What Actions Students and Instructors Must Take
To reduce exposure while at Fossil Trace, and to ensure every opportunity for the golf course to remain open, please do the following:
BOOKING A FITTING SESSION
- Club fitting sessions must be booked online. No walk ups or e-mail bookings accepted.
- Appointments can be made up to 30 days in advance and are spaced 30 minutes apart for safe transition.
- If there are no options for the day you selected, it is very possible your instructor is unavailable or fully booked.
- Golfers with an appointment will receive information from their instructor for electronic payment.
- No payments will be accepted in the golf shop.
WHERE TO MEET
- Golfers with an appointment can wait for their instructor at the bottom of the main steps, can hit warm up balls on the left side of the range, marked with “Reserved” signs.
- Please do not come into the golf shop to search for your instructor.
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your appointment.
- The golfer and instructor will walk to the hitting bay and will maintain proper social distancing of 6’+.
DURING THE FITTING | STAYING SAFE
- No spectators are allowed; only one golfer can be fit in an appointment.
- All fitters will wear a mask before, during, and after all fittings.
- It is recommended, but not required, golfers wear a mask. We can provide a disposable mask for students upon request.
- All clubs will be sanitized in between use.
- The golfer will be spaced 6’+ from the fitter at all times.
- Golfers are required to wash hands before and after their session.
OTHER SAFETY MEASURES
- Fitters will have their temperature taken and symptoms checked upon arrival each day.
- Golfers with an appointment will have their temperature and symptoms checked upon arrival before each lesson.
- If either the golfer or fitter exhibits a fever (100.4) or COVID-like symptoms, they will be sent home immediately.
- If the parent is not on property for a junior golfer, the fitter will wait with the ill student in the designated area (currently the golf simulator room) until the parent arrives.
- Hand sanitizer available next to the entry of the golf shop and adjacent to the bar.
- Staff is provided areas where social distancing can be accomplished.