COVID-19 | Camps
Thank you for your patience and understanding during the COVID-19 situation. As approved by the Jefferson County Health Department, and through the City of Golden, Fossil Trace Golf Club is open for private lessons, club fittings, and camps. If we receive any additional information or policy changes from the City of Golden, we will share that information with guests as soon as we receive it. We are in contact with the Jefferson County Health Department and Colorado Department of Health and Environment to ensure we take action on closures of facilities when it is recommended.
What Actions Students and Instructors Must Take
To reduce exposure while at Fossil Trace, and to ensure every opportunity for the golf course to remain open, please do the following:
- All camp registrations are online:
- To sign up for Operation 36, please contact Coach Katie at [email protected].
- To sign up for PGA Junior League, please contact Coach Adam at [email protected].
WHERE TO MEET
- Students will be dropped off and picked up in the grassy area on the south side of the main entrance steps (under the shady trees).
- Do not come into the clubhouse to search for your instructor.
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your appointment or camp.
- All students will remain 6’+ apart at the drop off/pick up location. If golfers transport to the practice area via golf cart, masks must be worn.
- All camps are paid upon registration.
DURING THE CAMP | STAYING SAFE
- All instructors will wear a mask before, during, and after all camps.
- Students have the option to wear a mask, but it is not required as camps are entirely outside, social distancing “stalls” are established, and the temperature is often very warm.
- No sharing of equipment. If a student requires use of clubs owned by Fossil Trace Golf School, they will not be shared by any other students in the camp and will be sanitized in between use.
- All students will be spaced 6’+ from each other and the instructor at all times.
- Students are encouraged to wash hands before and after their session.
- Water bottles will be provided upon request, but students are encouraged to bring their own.
OTHER SAFETY MEASURES
- All Half Day, Full Day, Operation 36, Lil Tykes, and Saturday Camps have no more than 8 students in each camp.
- Instructors will have their temperature taken and symptoms checked upon arrival each day.
- Students will have their temperature and symptoms checked upon arrival before each lesson.
- If either the student or instructor exhibits a fever (100.4) or COVID-like symptoms, they will be sent home immediately.
- If the parent is not on property for a junior student, a golf staff member will wait with the ill student in the designated area (currently the golf simulator room) until the parent arrives.
- Hand sanitizer available next to the entry of the golf shop and adjacent to the bar.
- Bathrooms are wiped down routinely throughout the day.
Get Reliable Information
- Symptom Screening: COPHE Guidelines
- Camp Safety: COPHE Guidelines
- Colorado Public Health & Environment: Safer at Home Order as of June 5, 2020 and Best Practices for Businesses
- Mask Guidelines: How to Safely Use a Face Covering
- Call CO HELP at (303) 389 – 1687 or email [email protected] for answers in English, Spanish, and more.